Homemade gifts are a great way to show your loved ones that you care. Not only are they affordable, but they also show that you took the time and effort to make something special for them. And what could be more special than something made with essential oils?
Essential oils can be used to make a variety of different DIY products perfect for gifts throughout the year or for the holidays. All you need is a little creativity, a few basic supplies, and some essential oils. My three favorite gifts are making an essential oil roll on, making a room spray with essential oils, and making sugar or salt scrubs with essential oils.
They get rave reviews, are easy and quick to make, and budget friendly! Plus they introduce someone to essential oils in a safe and effective way.
How to make a roll on with essential oils
Making a roll-on with essential oils is a fun and easy way to use your favorite scents. Your gift recipient can use it on a hard day to help relax and unwind or wear it as a perfume.
You will need: (if ya want to print out a step by step guide to making a roll on-click HERE)
-A 10 ml roller bottle (I buy mine from Amazon, you can go plain jane or get fancy with colors)
-carrier oil (fractionated coconut oil is hands down my fave as it's light, non greasy, and odorless)
-essential oils (you can customize this roll on for your person- use around 10-20 drops of essential oil...or if you're looking for the perfect holiday gift, try the Orange Spice or Candy Cane recipes below that scream holiday!
By the way, if ya want more info on the essential oils listed or wanna grab them for the recipe, simply click on the essential oil and it’ll take ya to the world leader in essential oils-Young Living™. With their Seed To Seal guarantee, you know you're getting pure and premium products for your health! (This is an affiliate link and I earn a small commission from your order at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting my small business! I'm so excited to help you get started, that I'll connect with you once you order and send you something special)
Relax & Unwind
10 Drops Lavender
10 Drops Cedarwood
10 Drops Lemon
10 Drops Geranium
5 Drops Peppermint
10 Drops Vanilla
1. Add your essential oil to the roll on bottle.
2. Fill the roller bottle with carrier oil.
3. Pop the roller on, then screw on the top of the roller bottle and invert back and forth well to combine.
4. Print a label, (grab your labels HERE) cut it out, and either tape it on with a layer of clear tape or use contact paper. Add it to an organza gift bag (available on Amazon) and ta-da, you're ready to dazzle friends and family with this gift!
How to make a room spray with essential oils
Making a room spray with essential oils is easy! All you need is a spray bottle, distilled or purified water, vodka, and your desired essential oils. I like to use 2 oz size glass spray bottles, and the recipes reflect that, but simply do the math if you want a larger size. The basic recipe is half vodka, half water, and 20 drops essential oil per two oz.
Here's how to make it: (if ya want to print out a step by step guide to making a room spray-click HERE)
1. Add 20 drops of your desired essential oils to the glass spray bottle.
2. Fill your spray bottle about halfway with vodka.
3. Fill your spray bottle the rest of the way up with distilled water.
4. Shake well to combine.
5. Print a label, (grab your labels HERE) cut it out, and either tape it on with a layer of clear tape or use contact paper. Add it to an organza gift bag (available on Amazon) and ta-da, you're homemade gift is sure to amaze friends and family! The below recipes will help your loved ones stay in holiday mode long after the season ends!
5 Drops Clove
10 Drops Clove
5 Drops Orange
10 Drops Idaho Grand Fir
5 Drops Pine
5 Drops Black Spruce
8 Drops Peppermint
12 Drops Vanilla
How to make a sugar or salt scrub with essential oils:
To make a sugar or salt scrub with essential oils, you will need: (if ya want to see a quick video on making a scrub-click HERE)
-4 oz glass jars
-1/2 cup of sugar or salt ...salt works better for feet and sugar works better for lips and the rest of the body
-25-35 drops of essential oil
-2 tablespoons of a carrier oil -again I use fractionated coconut oil
1. Combine the sugar or salt, essential oil, and carrier oil in a bowl (stainless steel, glass, or ceramic) and mix together.
2. Place the mixture in a glass jar or container.
3. Print out a label ( grab them HERE), cut it out, and either tape it on with a layer of clear tape or use contact paper. Add it to an organza gift bag (available on Amazon) and ta-da, you're gifts will be a holiday hit your loved ones will remember for a long time to come!
5 Drops Clove
15 Drops Lavender
15 Drops Cedarwood
15 Drops Frankincense
15 Drops Vanilla
10 Drops Peppermint
15 Drops Vanilla
So why not try making your own gift this year with some essential oils? It's a thoughtful way to show someone you care, and it's also a lot of fun! Plus, these three easy recipes for homemade gifts with essential oils will have your loved ones oohing and ahhing over your brilliance, and isn't it fun to hook someone else on essential oils :)
If you don't have essential oils yet and want to grab some for the above recipes, click HERE, it’ll take ya to a bundle I created listing all of the above essential oils, from the world leader in essential oils-Young Living™. Simply pick which ones you’d like, add to the cart, and check out! Easy peasy and thanks for supporting my small business! (This is an affiliate link and I earn a small commission from your order at no cost to you.)